General

1. Provide an example using the MAT in the shared section of a Universal App

Rather than duplicating the resource and XLF files for a Universal App, place them in the shared section and provide a sample of how to do it.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are change the model in v4.0, which is currently a Technical Preview. Once this v4.0 work is completed, it will allow enablement the Shared project. As such, the shared project will have its own set of XLF files, eliminating the duplication of the XLF files.

2. Support Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android via Xamarin/PCL

I want one set of translated XLF files for all my apps on Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android using Xamarin.

Portable Class Libary (PCL) support would probably solve this problem and many others I think as its the lowest common denominator.

The only problem I forsee is that it does not support Resw (If its targeted at all of the above platforms). Could there be some way around this? Resw allows the use of the x:Uid attribute and greatly helps with Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 localization.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support import of xml format

Since multilanguage support have been hard and no Microsoft provided solution have been good enough every developer have find their own way or reused someone else idea. What I have found is that some kind of xml base solution is mostly used. Therefore I wish for an xml importer feature. Whit some kind of wizard where the user can state where the name of the resource is (attribute or element) and where the value are (content of element or attribute). I wish that this functionally works for all languages added to the application not only the “main”-language.
    As a good…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have considered making an extensible import / export model that would allow customized file formats / mappings. This is not a high priority work item since XLF and CSV are support and easily parsed. Adding to the product backlog of feature to consider.

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base