General

1. support line returns in the toolkit

sometimes there are line returns in the text that needs to be translated. the editor doesnt support this. when changing the xml by hand everything works fine. start support this in the user interface as well

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix IDE integration bug with Windows 7

When installing MAT under Windows 7 the integration with Visual Studio does not work

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Command Line tool for creating PRI files runs every build

Every time I build with the MAT enabled, the tool runs.

It does not matter if my Resources.resw has not changed or if the .xliff files have not changed. It always runs on every build.

Further, it takes forever with a lot of languages and large resource dictionary and you can't cancel it midway through, so even if I hit Cancel Build, I still have to wait for it to finish.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an easily accessible changelog soon after each release

I can never seem to find the changelog for new releases, even almost a week after the release of the new version. Could you possibly post new changelogs to the MSDN blog, Visual Studio extension page, or here on the UserVoice?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it easier to reset all source changed translations

I have 36 languages in my app. If I change the source of a translation, now (as of version 2.2), I have to open up each language manually, filter our for source changed, highlight all the entires, and click reset, then wait for it to save.

This takes quite a while and makes it cumbersome to tweak my choice of words at different portions.

What I'd like is a way to right-click and say "Reset all Source Changed translations"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve build speed in projects with large resources and many translations

I currently have an application with a couple dozen languages and over a thousand entries. The biggest impact on me with the MAT (aside from it successfully translating my app ;) is that when I have it enabled, it can take ages to build, even if nothing in the resw or the xliff files have changed.

This means that each minor UI change I'm testing takes 5 minutes to see the result on a 4th generation core i5 with plenty of RAM.

I think the bottleneck is likely MakePri. It seems (based on watching my processor usage) that it runs…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have made significant improvements in the overall build performance of projects that contain larger resource counts. I’m marking this is completed due to the current improvements, but this is an ongoing area of focus for future releases as well.

7. Support resource IDs like ButtonX.[using:Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls]ToolTipService.ToolTip

The syntax for Windows 8 tooltip resource IDs is still unsupported and causes the MAT to fail during build. Please fix this as soon as possible. Otherwise, projects with tool tips can't be translated and released in multiple languages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import from resx, resw, resjson, and csv files so I can use translations from other non-xliff based projects.

I have apps with translations that are stored in resx and other file formats. I would like to use those string in my newer apps. Importing (or recycling as you call it) would allow easy access to my existing app translations.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fix the bug for WIndows 8.1 apps with scaled assets

when using the MAT toolkit in Windows 8.1 apps when having also scaled resources for the different scalings the resources are getting lost!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable export for csv file format

While XLIFF is great, csv is used by some of the people is use for translations. Being able to export (and import) csv files would make my life easier.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Parallel Machine Generated Translations

I have an app that uses a few dozen translations. When selecting all of the files for machine translation, the toolkit processes each file one by one. Would it be possible to process the files in parallel? This would reduce my translation time by almost 98%.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prevent translation getting silently overwritten when source resx file entry is modified

The MAT now silently overwrites translations in XLF files (for instance the German translation) when I edit the original source resx file with English texts. We need kind of warning, a TFS like 'accept/reject' or whatever. See for more info http://dotnetbyexample.blogspot.nl/2013/12/understanding-multilingual-app-toolkit.html

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Crash MultilingualEditor.exe

Error
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Event ID: 1026

Application: MultilingualEditor.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Exception
    Stack:
    at Microsoft.Multilingual.Xliff.XliffEncoder.EncodeXliffTags(System.String, Microsoft.Multilingual.Xliff.XliffConfig, System.Xml.XmlElement, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.String>, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.String>, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>)
    at Microsoft.Multilingual.Xliff.EncodingManager.EncodeInlineTags(System.String, System.String)
    at Microsoft.Multilingual.Editor.EditTranslationUnitControl.ApplySuggestion(Microsoft.Multilingual.Translation.SuggestionResult, Boolean)
    at Microsoft.Multilingual.Editor.EditTranslationUnitControl.CommandApplySuggestion_Executed(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding)
    at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(System.Windows.Input.CommandBindingCollection, System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.Input.ICommand, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.Input.ICommand, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.IInputElement, Boolean)
    at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(System.Windows.Input.ICommandSource, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General