General

1. Integrate strong name key signing into build process

I am running the toolkit for a VS 2015 project and it works quite nice. The only missing thing that I need is that after setting an snk signature for the project, all satellite assemblies are not being loaded anymore.
    I know I can workaround it by a complex process of unpacking IL, injecting signature and rebuilding an assembly, but it would be really great if it worked out of the box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After applying a suggestion return to Strings

after you applyed a suggestion for a specific string, return to the "Strings" tab and select the row you were editing again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better inform user in Visual Studio 2015

I selected a project and clicked on "Tools" --> "MAT" --> "Enable selection".

Nothing happened...
    Turned out that my Output window had to be set to

"Show output from: Multilingual App Toolkit"

This contained the reason:

1> Project 'xxx' was not enabled - the project's source culture could not be determined.

Maybe a little dialog would be helpful?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The latest builds will display a message box is the project failed to enable. If the source language resource file is not found, the project will enable, but a warning will be display in the output panel as well as during the build.

4. it does not work !

it does not work on vs enterprise 2015

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 10 universall apps support

Right now we can't use this tool with windows 10 universal apps...
    "Tools>Enable Multilingual App Toolkit" is disabled when we choose win10 universal app project.

I think that everybody knows that in a new strategy: "win10 is a new generation and it's our super innovation and so on... and other blablabla"

It's not looks like a bug, because in the same time for windows 8.1 apps it's working.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multilingual Editor source language

So I was busy doing translations in the Multilingual Editor.
    I was working in the Suggestions tab. Suddenly out of the blue I spotted a mistake in the Source string.
    Is there a way to edit this or mark that the Source should be checked again?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is handled by updating the default resource file inside Visual Studio. The source string in the related XLF files update during the next build. If the source string was already translated, the translation will remain intact, but will be will be flagged so you can review if a new translated is needed.

Here is the blog posting that describes the notification process: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matdev/archive/2014/02/07/multilingual-app-toolkit-v2-2-released.aspx

7. Make a tutorial on how to incorporate MAT to Windows Phone Silverlight App

I have been going in circles for the past week trying to add MAT to my windows phone Silverlight app
    after some effort I managed to add a Resources.resw file to the Strings\en-US folder and set its build action to PRIResource
    but when I click Enable Multilingual app toolkit I get : "At least one resource file is required before your project can be enabled by MAT"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add OneDrive support

Instead of sharing via email or a path, add a OneDrive working directory.
    Would it be possible to add OneDrive so that there is also one version of the files? Because some files need to be emailed to 2 translators.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add translations from unlocalize

Maybe it would be great to add translations from unlocalize:

http://unlocalize.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Editor doesn't open any XLIFF file after the update to 4.0.1391.0

I updated the Multilingual App Toolkit to the latest Beta version (4.0.1391.0) and I can't open XLIFF file anymore. I even tried to create a project from scratch and let generate new .xlf files but I always get this error:
    "The Multilingual Editor currently supports XLIFF 1.2 formats. The file open request was not XLIFF 1.2, and cannot be opened at this time."
    Of course the files are still 1.2

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Visualize "lowest" state of translation and/or make a state summarize tool

When having a lot o languages and a lot of strings it isn't easy to track if everything is translated so i would love to have an indication icon next to my xlf-files showing me that I have no-translated strings in that file. An other nice feature would be an menu option to analyse the states of all my xlf-files and showing me how many strings I have for each states in each languages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We added has added this in two ways.
    1. Added status summary to the Editor status bar
    2. Added the Translation Status Report menu to MAT in the VS IDE. This work let you see the status of your XLF file based on the solution, project or select XLF files.

12. Export/Import languages via command line

I have many language files in a project.
    Actually I have to pick all the files and then export it via context menu.

It would be great, if I can do it automatically.

Export/import all the language file of a project and/or solution via context menu would be a good alternative too (to the command line).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include my own translations as Suggestions

It could be good to have an option to include my own Translations (in XLF or TMX format). this may allow me to recycle available Translations I have already used in the past or translations received from colleagues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already available today.

Importing and recycling are build it. If you right click on a XLF file, you will see the import / recycling menu. Simple selecting the XLF file (or CSV) that has the translation that you want to reuse. Be sure to check in the Recycle box at the bottom as this loosens the matches to Language and source strings, but not resource ID.

The translation provider model is extensible so you can also build your own translation provider. This allows you to connect to any local or remote translation / TM source that you chose. To see a sample of the implementation, please look at the code on http://tausdataprovider.codeplex.com for a working sample. You will need to sign with TAUSData.net to connect, but the account is free. See: blogs.msdn.com/b/matdev/archive/2014/02/24/creating-a-3rd-party-translation-provider.aspx

14. MAT editor should start quicker

We have XLF files with 1000+ strings it. When double-clicking on such a file in Visual Studio, it takes 7+ seconds until the MAT editor appears. It's quite confusing if one double-clicks and nothing happens at first. Maybe load the actual XLF data asynchronously to improve app startup speeds?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search should filter list view

When searching for a special term, it might be beneficial to by default just show the filtered results in the list view instead of showing all rows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While Search did not change (much), the editor does have a couple of filtering features. On the main ribbon next to the search, you can filter based on translation state which will limit the view to only the translation states selected.

In addition, Ribbon’s Filter tab will allow you to input filter parameters similar to that of search. This filter will limit the view to only the items that match the input.

16. Traduction Accuracy

Hi I'm using the multilingual toolkit and it lacks consistency from the www.bing.com/translator. when I'm translating to spanish, I check the bing translator and it works pretty fine. But the Multilingual app toolkit doesn't have it's accuracy and it's embarrasing the level of translations it makes, Example:

WORD IN ENGLISH EXPECTED ACTUAL TRANSLATION

-Today -Hoy -Hoy en día
    -Opened -Abierto -Abrir
    -Adult -Adulto -Contenido adulto
    -Kids -Niños -Para niños
    -Artworks -Obra de arte -Ilustración

and so on....

Can you make the multilingual work as the bing translator web page works? Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Order of sorting translation state is inconsistent

When clicking on the header of the translation state column, the sorted order should be:

1. New
    2. Needs review
    3. Translated
    4. Final
    5. Signed off

(same as in the combo box), but it is:

1. Final
    2. Needs review
    3. New
    4. Signed off
    5. Translated

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Going to next search result should select row

When working in the translation editor, I decided to change the translation for a specific word. Therefore I want to quickly go to all occurrences in the source strings and change the translation. Right now, clicking next/prev does show the correct row in the list view but the text in the source/translation edit fields does not change. Therefore I always have to press next, then click on the row, then click on the translation textbox to set focus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show full culture name on resource files and MAT

Hi, when uploading to the store there are no language ISO codes, it only shows "German", "Spanish" and sometimes it is really difficult the open the right translations file. For example i thought this file "Translations.el-GR.xlf" was German but it is not. It would be nice if in the Title header of MAT the full culture is shown.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking as completed even though the filename still use the ISO code. However, if you right click the XLF file in the Project and select MAT → Translation status Report, it will show the language’s display name as well as the translation status of that file, files, project, or solution

The Editor also show the display name in the lower left-hand corner (as well the filename in the title bar).

This should allow you to quickly identify the specific language without the need for a BCP-47 to readable name lookup

20. Allow us to resize or maximize window to pick languages

The window that allows us to add new languages can't be resized or maximized. Not a big deal - it's minor - but it can be annoying when trying to look at a large subset of language i.e. all those under English.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base