General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Provide an example using the MAT in the shared section of a Universal App

Rather than duplicating the resource and XLF files for a Universal App, place them in the shared section and provide a sample of how to do it.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are change the model in v4.0, which is currently a Technical Preview. Once this v4.0 work is completed, it will allow enablement the Shared project. As such, the shared project will have its own set of XLF files, eliminating the duplication of the XLF files.

• Translation status report should complain more loudly if any language has 1 or more missing translations

Right now if I have 200 strings, and somehow I forgot to update a language, the translation status report shows a tiny little sliver of red... barely noticable. Instead, there should be a giant blinky light, especially if I'm about to ship my app with a missing resource.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        1 comment  ·  Admin →

This will be handled in two ways:
        1. The chart keys will show the total number for each status (sum of all file in the report) to indicate the existence of specific resource.
        2. The release build will create a translation state report per each XLF file.

I have the fix working locally. If you want to test a private build, please let me know and I’ll get one to you.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base