General

1. Respect and retain the "Translate" flag in the XLF files

I can set a resource to Translate: No (locked) in MAT. I expect this flag to stay and usually it does. But if I edit the source string and build the solution, the read-only flag is lost! Looks like MAT overwrites this flag each time a resource is changed.

I upload the XLF files to an online service for translation. Each time I change one of these strings, I need to remember to set the flag to "No" manually for every single language and every affected resource. Very annoying! First I thought that this is a problem with the translation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. detect renaming of the string identifier

It would be very helpful if renamed identifiers would be detected automatically when possible. E.g. no other value changed and/or source translation stays the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Should not translate interpolation markers

I often have interpolation markers in my texts such as "#{marker}". Those should be ignored when suggesting translations or generating the Pseudo-language translations. There should be an option in the toolkit, or even better project settings which patterns are basically "read-only" when it comes to translation and should always by copied over from the source instead of being part of the translated text.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The markup model for the toolkit is still being defined. The current workaround is to lock the text that should not be machine translated. It is understood that this approach has limitations. As we define the markup model, we are looking to reduce the manual effort and make this type of activity streamlined.

4. Next row shortcut does not work on German keyboard

Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> don't work on German keyboards

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Optional Source string overwrite

Hi, I saw you preserve the translated string when the source string changes. This might be cool for some scenarios but I prefer overwriting the string. I have some descriptions to put in the store images like Desc1:"Exploring through the map." Desc2: "Your personal trip". Sometimes I change them to Desc1:"Start screen" so the new translation has nothing to do with the previous one. Could you put an option as the "clear updated source warnings" like "mark new strings as new" and then when you generate the machine translations it translates it instead os preserving it?

Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Preserve format of the source string

I have this string:

V2.7: Entrance prices. Opening hours. Order by price. Performance improvements. Climate data. Day light hours. Transportation information. Climate data estimation in the guide. Trip price estimation. New overhauled UI. Bug fixes.

V2.6: New guide screen. Ability to share places and trips by mail and facebook...

V2.5: Travel destinations near a place. Artworks from the biggest museums. Building comparer. Timeline of a place.

V2.4: Country Information. Filter countries. Trip information. New graphic interface. Compass.Basic translations between languages.

V2.3: Youtube videos. Webcams near the travel destination.

V2.2: User interface improvements. Some problems fixed. Full wikipedia article.

V2.1: User…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Divide ResourceID into categories

It would be great if one XLIFF file could be used for multiple resource files, so that it is easier to translate and see all translations at once, but namespaces would be preserved in code.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support the space character in a build configuration

If there is a space character in a build configuration name, build fails. Was looking whole day what is the problem...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android via Xamarin/PCL

I want one set of translated XLF files for all my apps on Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android using Xamarin.

Portable Class Libary (PCL) support would probably solve this problem and many others I think as its the lowest common denominator.

The only problem I forsee is that it does not support Resw (If its targeted at all of the above platforms). Could there be some way around this? Resw allows the use of the x:Uid attribute and greatly helps with Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 localization.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support import of xml format

Since multilanguage support have been hard and no Microsoft provided solution have been good enough every developer have find their own way or reused someone else idea. What I have found is that some kind of xml base solution is mostly used. Therefore I wish for an xml importer feature. Whit some kind of wizard where the user can state where the name of the resource is (attribute or element) and where the value are (content of element or attribute). I wish that this functionally works for all languages added to the application not only the “main”-language.
    As a good…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have considered making an extensible import / export model that would allow customized file formats / mappings. This is not a high priority work item since XLF and CSV are support and easily parsed. Adding to the product backlog of feature to consider.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base